Friday, December 2, 2011

Violated!!

Well, our home was broken into yesterday morning "ish". How dare they! I had gone to take Leah to yet another speech evaluation, more on that later, Ed was at work, Mimi had left to the gym around 11 am, and Danny was home fast asleep! Danny had arrived home from work at about 9 am after being up for 27 straight hours. He had locked himself in his room and passed out. Needless to say he did not hear a thing until about 11:55 am when Mimi returned form the gym and started screaming when she saw the mess in our house and her jewelry box missing. They took lots of things, including my laptop but we are all safe, thank God.

We called the police, filed the report and are now dealing with our insurance company. The thieves made such a mess in our house that it s going to take me all weekend to clean up and then the black powder the detectives use to retrieve fingerprints. I am guessing they were looking for Christmas gifts. Sorry to inform all you thieves out there, we don't keep them at the house, and we do have a safe deposit box at the bank. So basically, you took many things of great value to us, but you won't be making much money off any of the items you took. The pictures in my computer were the most valuable things to me. A history for Leah. Adopted children are missing a piece of their history and you just took another. Shame on you! I am sure you will get what is due.

To my bloggy friends, any ideas as to a good site to store pictures and videos. I am glad I have the blog but I have not updated like I would have liked so there are things that are not in it. For now, I will update from work and maybe Santa will replace my laptop for Christmas.

1 comment:

Mrs. Nesbitt said...

We are so, so very sorry to hear this! This is so terrible it is hard to find words. We share your pain, but could never feel as awful as you do right now. Know that our prayers are with you - that you would find comfort and peace. And that anyone involved would be discovered quickly.