Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three Years ago Today...................

On June 30, 2008 we were in the Civil Affairs office on Nanjing waiting for our baby to arrive. The labor pains lasted 3 long years of paperwork, tears, anguish and anticipation. All of that seems like a lifetime ago and every day I thank God. God knew we needed to wait for our perfect child, the one that was meant to be part of our family. We could not have had a more perfect child.


Today, Leah is a bright, beautiful, happy little girl who loves music, dancing, playing in the water, painting, reading books, and being as active as she can be. She is a comedian by nature and keeps us laughing and entertained all day long. Tonight she is "starring" in her 4th ballet recital. She is a little ham and always steals the show. I can't say she is the most graceful dancer, but my girl can move! She's got moves that no one has ever seen! Sometimes she ignores the planned choreography and is off doing her own thing. I guess she can feel the music and thinks, "No, this moves works better, my teacher (sister) was mistaken"! I hope someone video taped so I don't have to wait for the one we ordered. I was only able to watch from the side because, you see, when your sister is the owner of the studio, your mommy is pretty busy too backstage. But nothing was going to keep me away. And as expected, she had the audience cheering and laughing. I will post the pictures and hopefully video soon.

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Ruby

Annie said...

Your little one sounds a lot like my Lizzie and my Em!!! LOL! She is just beautiful! Happy 3 years!