Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding





I woke up early this morning to watch the Royal event. I could not wait, I was a teenager when Will's parents were married and I felt just the same excitement then. The ceremony was beautiful. I had lost all hope of one of my children marrying a royal until Leah woke up! When she came out of the room and asked me what I was doing, I told her that I was watching Kate become a princess. As those that know Leah are well aware, she does not sit still for anything and does not watch TV, but she was glued to the TV during the Royal Wedding and kept asking when the Prince and Princess were going to dance. Then she tells me she wants to "go there with Mommy" and wants us to wear hats. I waited until the "kiss" to leave and take her to school. On the way to school she told me she was going to kiss a prince like Kate! Hope renewed!!!!

Later this afternoon, I was still watching coverage on TV ( I know, I'm obsessed). Her brother picked her up from preschool today and when she walked in the door and sees the coverage on TV, she started shouting "I saw that!" Then she sat with me and watched Oprah's coverage of the wedding.

3 comments:

China Dreams said...

Cute! Time for that girl to meet Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, etc.

Ruby

Leah Mei said...

Oh we've tried! Only been to Disney World 12 times and she won't go near them! She promises each trip and even shows me how she's going to pose for a picture, but no luck! We're always hopeful though!

Annie said...

I have to admit that we did not get up to watch but my girls did enjoy watching the coverage - later in the morning!! LOL!