Friday, November 25, 2011

Leah's Report onThanksgiving 2011


Thanksgiving morning I woke up early, as usual, and had cereal with milk and a glass of orange juice with Mommy. As soon as I finished, Daddy woke up and wanted waffles, so I thought, why not, I'll have some of those too! Mommy was already up as she cooked a large pork shoulder over night that needed out of the oven at 4:30am to make room for the turkey and other stuff.

Soon after breakfast my brother came home from work, he works nights, and started to clean out his room. Wait a minute, something special must be happening, my brother is cleaning out his room. The he went to sleep to be sure he was up when the guests arrived and he had to go back to work by midnight.

Then the Macy's parade started and Mommy called us to the family room. It was the first time I clearly understood the excitement. Almost lost my mind when I saw Dora!

After the parade, the preparations continued. I played outside in my pajamas cause no one took the time to change me out of those, hehe!

The house smelled amazing. You know we still have 2 kitchens so Mommy was cooking in one and Mimi baking in the other. I wanted to taste everything.

Then people started arriving. First Wita came. Then Tip and Lou, then my most favorite cousins, Chris, Hanna, and Sophie arrived with their parents. Then my cousin Lucas, who I haven't seen in over a year, arrived. It took me a minute to remember how much fun he was to play with and in no time was chasing him around. I even put my favorite cologne on him while I had him in a headlock as  he asked my mom if boys could wear this. It was great because he smelled like me the rest of the evening! Lucas had arrived with his dad and a little bit later his mom arrived with both his grandmas. We all got to write on a piece of paper what we were thankful for, which we read after saying grace, then we ate. After we ate, my Godparents showed up. It was a fun day for me.

Mommy was too busy to take pictures so we have none! I hope the people who took pictures send my mom some. My godmother usually has her camera so I hope she is reading this!

No comments: