Thursday, June 19, 2008

April 17, 2008 Referral Day



After waiting for our turn to come up, God led us to Stephanie on the day the agency received a list of very special children. The list had not yet been shared, but Stephanie called me to tell me she had our daughter. The phone rang while I was pumping gas. I remember hearing Stephanie say that she had a beautiful little girl for us to consider and that she was emailing me her file. I don't know if I turned off the gas pump, but I drove as fast as I could to my office to retrieve the file. I did not read the file at first, I went first to the pictures. I saw the chunkiest baby I had ever seen who looked so much like she could blend in with our family. She was just so beautiful. I fell in love with her instantly. I called everyone and forwarded the pictures to everyone I could.

Since that day, she was our daughter. She is in the Jiangsu Province waiting for us to pick her up. We are waiting for our approvals and can't wait to hold her, hug and kiss her, and squeeze those cheeks! We could not believe how beautiful she was and how lucky we were to be chosen to be her parents.

While we wait, we have prepared her room, shopped for the trip, looked at her pictures everyday, dreamt about having her home, imagined her smile, giggles, and happiness as she plays with her sister and brother and so many cousins that anxiously await her arrival.





Weight : 20 lb oz
Head Circ. : 16.3
Hair Color : Black
Eye Color : Brown

No comments: