Friday, October 13, 2017

Bloggy, I've Missed You!

Needless to say I have been a bad, bad blogger. Honestly, life has been a little complicated and sitting in front of a computer with an actual brain that functions enough to form complete sentences seemed impossible. I think so many things changed for me when my mom passed. It looks like my last post was asking for prayers for my mom. Sadly, after that post she passed away.  It sort of came out of no where. Mom had been "sickly" since I was a teen. She had a heart attack when she was 36. We ultimately discovered that her heart had been damaged, or bruised, when she was hit by a car when I was little. They didn't discover that until she had her third heart attack, still in her 30's. Once this was discovered, she had to make some life changes but lived with a bad heart for as long as I could remember. She, however, was so very strong. My mom was a warrior. There was nothing she couldn't do. Superhuman almost. Despite her illnesses. We were not particularly close in the end as we had experienced some differences of opinion and I don't think either one of us felt comfortable discussing things like we once could. I used to speak to her every single day up until the last 2 years of her life. Somehow, my conscience is at peace. I have received many signs that she wants me to be at peace and I believe we understand each other now.  Is it too late? I don't think so. She made me who I am and I inherited that warrior spirit from her.

Life was hard for Mom. She raised 4 children on her own. Fortunately she had the invaluable help of our aunts, but she was Mom and it all fell on her. She left me a very valuable gift. From her example  I learned "You do what you gotta do" and  "There are no obstacles you can't conquer". She was always there for all of us, whether we wanted her help or not!

Somehow, this post has become about Mom. That was not my intention, but I guess I needed to say these things.

No comments: