Friday, January 6, 2012

The Circus is in Town!

Leah's favorite were the elephants. She waited and waited and the excitement in her face when they came out was priceless. When she saw them do this she said "aaaawwww". Except now she wants a real elephant in the back yard.
The circus is not like it used to be. It was OK, but certainly not the "Greatest Show on Earth". I don't know if it is because the Disney generation has seen and lived Disney Magic and not much can compare. Or maybe the PETA people blocking the entrance to the arena with posters and chants. I am not sure where I stand on this but I certainly don't want animals being abused. There were very few animals to begin with, we expected animals, and in reality that is what my daughter wanted to see. Yes, she has been to the zoo, but there's something about seeing them up close interacting with people. But we did have fun and it was Leah's (and David's) first time to the circus.

No comments: