Saturday, November 27, 2010

Computer Virus!

Well folks, this post was supposed to be titled "Happy Thanksgiving". Got as far as the title and I decided to google an image for the post. Guess what? I got a virus. This is what I get for being lazy and not taking my own picture and downloading from the camera. Needless to say it ended rather abruptly and I decided to forget the computer until Danny could fix it. Of course this had to wait while I got a piece of glass out of his foot! Yes, the boy stepped on a piece of glass while he was cleaning out his room. He dropped a glass jar earlier and thought he had swept out all the pieces.

So, to recap Thanksgiving. It was probably the most relaxing I have ever had. I opted out of leaving my house or cramming way too many people in it and was able to enjoy my children and a few friends. It was great to be able to sit around the table, eat and enjoy actual conversation. I don't think this has ever happened. I have never been able to do this. Usually there are so many people, whether here or at my sister's that no one really eats together because there is no room. Usually you serve yourself buffet style and find a space to uncomfortably eat. Not to say that we have not enjoyed previous years, but this year I needed peace. Besides, I was planning on doing Black Friday before the sun came up! (I bet you're thinking, "I thought she said she wanted, needed peace?")

Well, I did venture into the stores. Went to the big toy store first. They were opening at 10 PM on Thanksgiving and advertised major deals. I figured bow hard can it be, there aren't that many small kiddos to shop for and Santa had already taken care of most of Leah's requests except for the Weeble Tree House and a toy cash register.  Lets just say I would have decided to stand in the endless, zig-zag of a line that was going through every isle in the toddler and preschool section of the store, there was no room to walk these very isles because this is where the line started and people and all of their purchases were crowding. Some lady tells me she had already been in line for almost 2 hours. What!!@#$%!!!!!!  So after walking around not finding what I was looking for, I left empty-handed. Later in the day, Mimi and I took Leah and went to a couple of places that people must have forgotten because there were no lines and we were able to get really nice deals for some of the children in the family. We picked up out Advent candles, new Christmas coloring book for Leah ad well as a DVD and bought all the holiday crafting stuff we needed. Then we sealed the day by meeting Ed at the tree lot and got our tree. While he was getting that ready I started dinner. It was a great day!

No comments: